How To Dress Up Boxed Brownies
December 8th is National Brownie Day! We love this chocolate treat not only because it is delicious, but also because they are so easy to make. Especially with a bag or box of Always Save Fudge Brownie Mix. If you want to add a little flair to traditional brownies, we have some ideas for you! Read on for some sweet add-ins and add-ons that will dress up your fudge brownies.
- Stir in ½ bag of mini marshmallows into the brownie batter before baking. You can also add chopped nuts to make them “rocky road” brownies.
- Add in up to a cup of your favorite cookies broken into pieces.
- Or add in your favorite candy bar pieces! You can add them into the batter or frost finished brownies and sprinkle them on top.
- Make a peanut butter frosting by combining ½ cup of softened butter with 1 cup creamy peanut butter and 3 tablespoons of milk. Then mix in around 2 cups of powdered sugar until you find the consistency you want. Spread on top of cooled brownies.
- Add chocolate chips in the batter before baking and/or sprinkle them on top of the brownies as soon as they come out of the oven and spread the chips so they melt into a smooth frosting.
- Grab the other half of your mini marshmallow bag and make s’mores brownies. Top finished brownies with the marshmallows, chocolate chips and graham crackers pieces.
- Add in some fruit. Either 1 cup of dried fruit pieces or canned fruit.
- Make cheesecake brownies by mixing together one 8oz block of softened cream cheese with ½ cup sugar, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Then pour cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie batter in the pan. You can leave the batter layered or use a knife to swirl the batters together before baking.
What other ideas do you have to make brownies unique? Email them to us at [email protected].
View Recipe Archive