December 8th is National Brownie Day! We love this chocolate treat not only because it is delicious, but also because they are so easy to make. Especially with a bag or box of Always Save Fudge Brownie Mix. If you want to add a little flair to traditional brownies, we have some ideas for you! Read on for some sweet add-ins and add-ons that will dress up your fudge brownies.
- Stir in ½ bag of mini marshmallows into the brownie batter before baking. You can also add chopped nuts to make them “rocky road” brownies.
- Add in up to a cup of your favorite cookies broken into pieces.
- Or add in your favorite candy bar pieces! You can add them into the batter or frost finished brownies and sprinkle them on top.
- Make a peanut butter frosting by combining ½ cup of softened butter with 1 cup creamy peanut butter and 3 tablespoons of milk. Then mix in around 2 cups of powdered sugar until you find the consistency you want. Spread on top of cooled brownies.
- Add chocolate chips in the batter before baking and/or sprinkle them on top of the brownies as soon as they come out of the oven and spread the chips so they melt into a smooth frosting.
- Grab the other half of your mini marshmallow bag and make s’mores brownies. Top finished brownies with the marshmallows, chocolate chips and graham crackers pieces.
- Add in some fruit. Either 1 cup of dried fruit pieces or canned fruit.
- Make cheesecake brownies by mixing together one 8oz block of softened cream cheese with ½ cup sugar, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Then pour cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie batter in the pan. You can leave the batter layered or use a knife to swirl the batters together before baking.
What other ideas do you have to make brownies unique? Email them to us at AlwaysSave@awginc.com.