ALWAYS SAVE RECIPE CONTEST
OPEN TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ALABAMA, ARKANSAS, COLORADO, FLORIDA, GEORGIA, ILLINOIS, INDIANA, IOWA, KANSAS, KENTUCKY, LOUISIANA, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, MISSISSIPPI, MISSOURI, NEBRASKA, NORTH CAROLINA, OHIO, OKLAHOMA, PENNSYLVANIA, SOUTH DAKOTA, TENNESSEE, TEXAS, VIRGINIA AND WISCONSIN, EXCEPT WHERE VOID AS SET FORTH HEREIN, WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO THE CONTEST DETAILS AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Sponsor. The Always Save Recipe Contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by Associated Wholesale Grocers, Inc., 5000 Kansas Avenue, Kansas City, KS 66106 (“Sponsor”). Any questions regarding this Contest should be directed to Always Save Recipe Contest at email@example.com.
- Eligibility. The Contest is open only to legal residents of the Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and Wisconsin who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and who have internet access and a valid e-mail account. Employees of Sponsor and its affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and any business or entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of this Contest, and each of their immediate families (defined as current spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses) and individuals (whether related or not) living in the same household as the foregoing parties are ineligible. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sponsor has the right to verify the eligibility of each entrant. This Contest is governed by these official rules (“Official Rules”). By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and to accept the decisions of Sponsor as final in all matters relating to this Contest.
- Contest Period. The entry period for this Contest begins on March 1, 2019 at 12:01 AM Central Standard Time and ends on March 31, 2019 at 11:59 PM Central Standard Time (“Contest Period”). All entries (submissions) must be received on or before the end of the Contest Period. Sponsor reserves the right to extend or shorten the Contest Period at its sole discretion.
- How to Enter. To enter, entrant must fill out the online form on the Contest website at https://woobox.com/o9j8ha and submit all required information, including, without limitation, an original recipe. Multiple entries are permitted. Only complete entry forms are eligible. In case of dispute as to the identity of an entrant, entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address used to enter the Contest at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are not permitted. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering the Contest and submitting a recipe, entrant represents and warrants to Sponsor that the recipe submitted is entrant’s original recipe and is not the copyrighted material or other intellectual property of anyone else.
- Winner Notification. On or around April 5, 2019, a winner will be chosen by Sponsor, based on what Sponsor deems, in its sole discretion, to be the best original recipe from the eligible entries collected during the Contest Period. Potential winner will be notified by e-mail. Failure by a potential winner to provide a complete response to such notification within seven (7) days after Sponsor’s first attempt to contact the potential winner (the “Notification Period”), failure by a potential winner to adhere to these Official Rules or return of a message as undeliverable may result in disqualification of the potential winner and selection of an alternate winner. Except where prohibited by law, winners may be required to sign and return a Statement of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release and IRS W-9 form within the Notification Period. If a potential winner fails to comply with these Official Rules, that potential winner will be disqualified. Prizes may not be awarded if an insufficient number of eligible entries are received. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- Prizes. One (1) winner will be chosen from eligible entries. The eligible winner will have their recipe published on the Always Save website and will receive a sampling of Always Save products selected by Sponsor. Any portion of a prize not accepted by the applicable winner will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. Except where prohibited by law, each potential winner will be awarded the applicable prize only after such winner’s eligibility has been verified. Limit one (1) prize per winner. This prize has no approximate retail value. Incidental expenses and all other costs and expenses which are not specifically listed as part of a prize in these Official Rules and which may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt and use of all or any portion of the awarded prize are solely the responsibility of the respective prize winner. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE IS SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
- Publicity. By participating, each entrant grants Sponsor permission to use his/her name, likeness, photograph, voice, comments, recipe and/or home town for publicity purposes without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law.
- Additional Limitations. Prize is non-transferable. No substitution, cash equivalent or transfer of a prize is permitted except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event any prize is unavailable for any reason. Sponsor and its respective parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, members, agents, and representatives are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Contest, including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting or these Official Rules, the selection and announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any prize. Any attempt to damage the content or operation of this Contest is unlawful and subject to possible legal action by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate, suspend or amend the Contest, without notice, and for any reason, including, without limitation, if Sponsor determines that the Contest, cannot be conducted as planned or should a virus, bug, tampering or unauthorized intervention, technical failure or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Contest. In the event any tampering or unauthorized intervention may have occurred, Sponsor reserves the right to void suspect entries at issue. Sponsor and its respective parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, agents, and representatives, and any telephone network or service providers, are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunction, lost or delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, line failure or malfunction of any telephone network, computer equipment or software, the inability to access any website or online service or any other error, human or otherwise.
- INDEMNIFICATION; RELEASE OF LIABILITY. EACH WINNER AGREES, BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, AND EACH PARTICIPANT OR ENTRANT AGREES, BY ENTERING OR PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND ITS PARENT COMPANY, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DISTRIBUTORS, RETAILERS, WEB DEVELOPMENT COMPANIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND ANY OTHER INDIVIDUALS OR LEGAL ENTITIES PARTICIPATING IN THE DESIGN, ADMINISTRATION OR FULFILLMENT OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES“) FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY THREATENED OR ACTUAL INJURIES, LOSS, COST OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND TO PERSON, INCLUDING DEATH OR DISABILITY, AND PROPERTY, ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN PARTS THEREOF INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CLAIMS, SUITS, INJURIES, LOSSES AND DAMAGES RELATED TO PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, DAMAGE TO OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY, VIOLATION OF THE RIGHTS OF PUBLICITY OR PRIVACY, DEFAMATION OR PORTRAYAL IN A FALSE LIGHT (WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR UNINTENTIONAL), WHETHER UNDER A THEORY OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY OR OTHER THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF ONE OR MORE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES. THE RELEASED PARTIES DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONDITION, FITNESS OR MERCHANTABILITY OF THE PRIZE AND DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY FOR DAMAGE TO ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM RESULTING FROM ACCESS TO OR THE DOWNLOAD OF INFORMATION OR MATERIALS CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST. ENTRANTS COVENANT NOT TO SUE ANY RELEASED PARTY OR CAUSE THEM TO BE SUED REGARDING ANY MATTER RELEASED ABOVE; AND FURTHER COVENANT NOT TO DISAFFIRM, LIMIT OR RESCIND THIS RELEASE.
- Governing Law; Disputes. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Kansas or the appropriate Kansas state court located in Wyandotte County, Kansas; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Kansas without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Kansas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Kansas.
- Winner List. For the name of the winner, send a separate self-addressed, sufficiently stamped envelope to: “AWG Marketing Department, Attn: Always Save Recipe Contest, Kansas City, KS 66106.” Requests must be received by May 31, Limit one request per person, per household.
- Trademarks. Always Save® is a registered trademark of Associated Wholesale Grocers, Inc. All other trademarks, if any, are the property of their respective owners. Except as otherwise set forth herein, trademark owners do not sponsor, endorse, support, or administer this Contest.